License agreement and Right Transfer
The full or partial transfer of rights in objects of intellectual property is presented by means of concluding of a corresponding contract.
Under an assignment contract all the rights in an object of intellectual property are transferred to a third person in totality.
It is worth to be noted that as this kind of contract is concluded, the former holder, for example an author possess only non-proprietal rights (the right to the name, the right of authorship, etc.), while he will have no rights to use the object without permission granted by the new holder.
License contract is made with the purpose of granting temporary rights to use an object of intellectual property, where the holder possesses all the exclusive rights. A right to use such result is given within the limits provided for by the contract.
The license contract shall provide for
- Ways of use;
- The territory within which the use of the object is permitted;
- Amount and order of license payments;
- Right to conclude sublicense contracts.
The aforesaid contracts shall be made in the written form. Contracts where the subjects are trademarks, inventions, utility models, and industrial designs are to be registered before Rospatent.
- Preparation of a draft assignment and license contracts;
- Analysis and editing of contracts presented by a Client;
- Registration of contracts before the Federal service for intellectual property (Rospatent).
- Application for registration (one copy);
- Two copies of a contract;
- Document confirming settlement of an official fee;
- POA stating rights of a representative should the case be presented by a representative;
- Copy of a contract or excerpt from a contract (non certified).
Ask a question
Still have questions? Call us 8-800-333-53-77